The Sysbiobig group research activity is centred in the development and application of advanced modelling, data mining and machine learning methods for high-throughput biological data analysis in the field of Bioinformatics and Health Informatics.
In particular, the Sysbiobig group has been working on the preprocessing and analysis of static and dynamic transcriptomics and metagenomics data and has developed and applied different advanced data mining and machine learning methods for robust biomarker discovery, predictive modelling and clustering
The group has also a great expertise in the development/application of differential equation based models, Boolean and Bayesian Networks in the field of reverse engineering and systems biology.
Recently, the group has also started to explore a new research line in the field of Synthetic biology. By implementing new biological systems in the form of living cells, engineered through rationally designed synthetic genetic circuits, our group aims to exploit engineered probiotic bacterial cells as a novel therapeutic approach.
- Next week we will attend the 16th Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Conference (BBCC 2021) with four contributions related to Bioinformatics and Synthetic biology“Uncover a microbiota signature of upper respiratory tract in patients with SARS-CoV-2+” (Cappellato M, Longhin F, Del Vecchio C, Brancaccio G, Bellato M, Cattelan AM, Brun P, Salaris C, Castagliuolo I, Di Camillo B) “Comprehensive …
- Next week we will attend the 17th Computational Intelligence Methods for Bioinformatics and Biostatistics conference (CIBB 2021) with three contributions related to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis heterogeneity and progression, and to wellbeing perception in the elderly population“Identifying extreme behaviours in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis patients at diagnosis through Archetypal Analysis” (Trescato I, Tavazzi E, Vettoretti M, Vasta S, Chiò A, Di Camillo B). “Inspecting Progression Trajectories in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis using Process …
- Our postdocs presented at the “Workshop on Research and Education in Computer Engineering”A great day at Villa Bolasco in Castelfranco for the “Workshop on Research and Education in Computer Engineering”. Professors, Post-docs and PhD students of Computer Engineering at the Department of Information Engineering, University of Padova, …
- Tangaro MA, Defazio G, Fosso B, Licciulli VF, Grillo G, Donvito G, Lavezzo E, Baruzzo G, Pesole G, Santamaria M. ITSoneWB: profiling global taxonomic diversity of eukaryotic communities on Galaxy. Bioinformatics 2021.
- Ghisoni E, Wicky AM, Bouchaab H, Imbimbo M, Delyon J, Gautron Moura B, Gérard CL, Latifyan S, Özdemir BC, Caikovski M, Pradervand S, Tavazzi E, Gatta R, Marandino L, Valabrega G, Aglietta M, Obeid M, Homicsko K, Mederos-Alfonso NN , Zimmermann S, Coukos G, Peters S, Cuendet MA, Di Maio M, and Michielin O. Late-onset and long-lasting immune-related adverse events from immune checkpoint inhibitors: An overlooked aspect in immunotherapy. Eur J Cancer 2021
- Comin M, Di Camillo B, Pizzi C, Vandin F. Comparison of microbiome samples: methods and computational challenges. Brief Bioinform 2020
- 2021-2024 European Project H2020: “BRAINTEASER – BRinging Artificial INTelligencE home for a better cAre of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and multiple SclERosis”.
- 2018-2021 PRIN (Call 2017): “Deconstruct and rebuild phenotypes: a multimodal approach toward personalized medicine in ALS (DECIPHER-ALS)”.
- 2017-2020 Information Engineering Department, University of Padova “Proactive Project Grant”: “From Single-Cell to Multi-Cells Information Systems Analysis
- 2016-2019 European Project H2020: “PULSE: Participatory Urban Living for Sustainable Environments”